Sunday, August 31, 2008

Is That a Wide Ribbon or are You Just Glad to See Me?

Pin It



Happy National Trail Mix Day! So, I was stunned to discover that most people don't use trail mix for it's intended purpose: to leave a trail to follow back to your car. Well, why even buy it then? And it's not like it's a big secret ... read the label people: "TRAIL mix" ... Duh!

ONward-Hoarding-Card-Makers!

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison challenged us to use wide ribbon on our paper creations. Technically, I'm in default as I've actually used a wide scrap of vintage handmade lace. What the heck, as long as I don't tell anyone, I bet no one will even notice ...

I covered my card base with gorgeous DP from Close to My Heart ... I really and truly {heart} this collection and plan on hoarding buying more. Click on the image for a closer look at this beauteous patterned paper.

I stamped my sentiment with Versamark, then heat embossed using Bright Chocolate Brown powder.

Finally, I covered the paper seam with my controversial vintage lace-ribbon, then covered three Heidi Swapp Ghost Flowers with more paper from this collection. Umm, I actually covered the paper with the flowers but that's just a minor craftin' technicality. I did the same with my clear buttons, knotting some natural twine through the holes, and finis!

So, last night, as I lay gazing up at the stars, I thought, "where the hell is my roof?!?"

Thanks so much for spending part of your busy holiday weekend with me; you rock!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Lasting Impressions
  • Designer Paper: Close to My Heart (CTMH)
  • Stamp: Verve Visual
  • Ink: Versamark
  • Accessories: Embossing Powder by Comotion; Clear Buttons; Heidi Swapp Ghost Flowers; Natural Twine; Vintage Handmade Lace
  • Tools: Heat Gun; Scrap Fusion PA; Mini-Glue Dots; Hey, is Anyone Actually Readin' This?

20 comments:

Bunny B said...

Nice card!! And yeah, I am actually reading it all! :P

Corie said...

This is just GORGEOUS

Tonniece said...

OHHHH, I like, and love the colors Deb, so purdy together.

Happy Sunday Funny lady

Theresa said...

Beautiful, Deb! I guess I have been using trail mix wrong, but does this mean I have to start going on trails?

Annapurna said...

I wondered where the flowers were on my paper, until I read the whole post. Love the colors and the way you did the flowers and then sentiment. Very cool, you clever thang you.

Did the hurricanes blow away your roof?:-)

malieta said...

Very beautiful card Deb and the DP is very lovely!!!
I guess that I'm living in the dark ages cause I EAT my trail mix....come on people...fess up!!:)
Have a wonderful holiday Deb:)

Ana Baird said...

beautiful and stylish!

Allison said...

Loving these colors chickadee! And the lace would certainly count as ribbon in my book! I love trail mix...there are so many dang calories in it though!

Erica B. said...

so you decided to sneak in last minute? I love it. I could use those colors all day.

Carolyn Bounds said...

A gorgeous thank you!!! I must get my paws on that delicious paper! Yes ma'am, that is some very pretty paper. Your "beauteous" cards are puttin' a hurtin' on my pocketbook. LOL! Of course there is no arm twisting here;o)
Another beauty, Deb!!! As McDonald's would say...I am lovin' it!!!

Shirley said...

I love your card and the lovely bright and energetic colors. Now about the trail mix. Who would want to eat it on the way back after its been on the ground and who knows where? LOLOLOL I love what you have to say about the world in which we live.......and I think lace is a perfectly good ribbon. It looks great in hair too!

Ann said...

Love that dp and lace! Gorgeous!

Michelle said...

Gorgeous card....and the lace (ribbon) is fabulous!

Thanks on your tips for the storm! Excellent advice that I will be passing along to my friends.

{{{Hugs!}}}

Elena said...

I love your card! Beautiful paper! Great idea with vintage lace-ribbon!

Simon said...

Oh my!
You are so very talented. The photos you take with the lovely embellishments are DIVINE! Very fun to visit and your talent is through the roof! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing!

Simon said...

Oh my!
You are so very talented. The photos you take with the lovely embellishments are DIVINE! Very fun to visit and your talent is through the roof! THANKS SO MUCH for sharing!

Lisa said...

Aw Deb, stunning I love this card so pretty.

Curt in Carmel said...

You have beautiful kids! The purple one is my absolute favorite. It is gorgeous! Best, Curt

The Garage Sale Diva said...

Thanks for posting your "materials used" as I have to get my hands on some of that designer paper. The card is gorgeous.

Tina said...

Another beauty; I love the wide lace...er, ribbon. It's just perfect.