Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Tag, You're It ... A "Faux Postage" Challenge

Pin It


Hey, why didn't you tell me that today is "Blame Someone Else" day?!? So, it's all your fault!

Today's card project was created for the "Tag You're It" blog challenge. This week, Anne and Sam's kewl tag challenge is the brainchild of featured guest designer, Penny. For her theme, Penny chose "Faux Postage." See, so it's all Penny's fault ...

I stamped my Faux Postage stamp using "Timber Brown" Staz-On ink on my distressed shipping tag. Then I masked off the postage-dot-thingies, and stamped my tree images. Using teeny-tiny number stamps, I added numbers to the lower-left hand corner of my "stamps."

Finally, I added some inked-up grungeboard, some punched butterflies, some leaves created with the negative space from a leaf die-cut, some bling, and lots of funky fibers.

Easy-peasy and not ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Is everyone/anyone watching the Olympics?!? My favorite moment so far is when the U.S. men's swim team defeated the heavily favored French men's swim team in the last few seconds of the four-man relay race. High fives, U.S. Men's Swim Team!

Which got me to thinking: last place must get awfully crowded at the Nice Guy Olympics ...

~Hugs,


Card Stock: Cut Card Stock, Bazzill Basics Card Stock
Designer Paper: "Infuse" Collection by BasicGrey
Stamps: "Faux Postage" by Just for Fun; "Sketch Trees" by Hero Arts; Alphabet: MaVinci
Ink: Staz-On by Tsukineko; Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
Accessories: Bling by Hero Arts; Grungeboard, Tim Holtz for Ranger; Fibers: Various; Shipping Tag: Unknown; Walnut Ink by 7gypsies; Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Scraps; Dimensionals: Unknown
Tools: Butterfly Punch by Martha Stewart; Cutter Bee Scissors

12 comments:

Tina said...

Wowsa! Your fibers are just delicious and the design is perfecto.

Chris said...

this is super cute, love the colors!! when you have kids..isn't everyday, blame someone else day? LOL

Annapurna said...

Really nice! All the die cuts and stamps come together nicely.

Julia Aston said...

I Love all the 'stuff' on this tag card Deb! super fibers and leaves - and faux postage - what a blast from the past - I remember when every card I did was with faux postage! this is just terific!!

patty w said...

LOvely card, very pleasing to the eye.

we've been watching a fair amount of the Olympics and enjoying them.

Margaret said...

Really like the tag AND the card. I got the tag part done, but still haven't figured out the card. I might have to "borrow" the flourishes!!

malieta said...

What a super cute tag card Deb!
I can't "get over" your attention to detail. The tiny embellishments that decorate your trees are awesome,and your fiber is so yummy!!
Your new banner is adorable and yes, I am a super fan of the Olympics and I'm loving everything:)

Anne said...

Fantastic Deb!!! I LOVE that tag!! Your stamp is absolutely brilliant - you have a stamp for every occasion!! And I love your new blog header - WOW!! Thanks a million for playing along, you're at star!!! ;o) xx
PS - I've missed all the olympics 'cept for the opening ceremony - Wow!!!

Penny said...

My fault indeed LOL!! GORGEOUS tag, I love the stamping and masking you've done to make your little stamps and the big leaves blowing about!

Sharon said...

This is fab, Deb! How cute are those stamps you've used. :)

The fibers work great with the design too.

Jennifer (SCS: jennifer-g) said...

Shut up, I love it. Super cute design and you picked the perfect colors.

Sam Morris said...

It's such a pleasure to come and visit your blog...the work, the stunning photography... all leaves me with a HUGE smile!! LOVE this, your attention to detail is superb, thanks so much for taking part in another of our challenges :)