Saturday, August 9, 2008

Out of the Box ... Literally

Pin It


Yay, it's Cartoon Day again!!

And I've got some happy news to share with you: my neighbor, the man who fell into an upholstery machine, is now fully recovered!

So, today's card project was created for the Stampin' Links to Love girls very first blog challenge. And their very first theme is, "Outside the Box" ... I'll bet my post title gave it away, huh?!? For all the deets on the challenge click HERE.

I stamped my repeating border image on turquoise and lime mulberry paper using black Brilliance ink. TIP: Since mulberry paper is tissue thin, mount it, and other thin speciality papers, on white card stock before stamping.

I heat set my ink, cut the border apart, then put it back together as shown. I double matted both stamped images on Bazzill card stock, attached a black frame hanger with a brad, and tied on a black ribbon. Both completed mats were mounted to my card base using black dimensionals.

Using a die from the Petite Oval Nestabilities set, I cut two ovals out of black card stock and adhered them to either sides of my card ... kinda looks like ribbon, doesn't it? Finally, I used a rub-on for my sentiment, and finis!

Thanks so much for sharing part of your Cartoon Day with me; you guys rock! Oh, and speaking of rockin', please head over to Y.OU K.NOW Y.OU R.OCK and show some love to our players by voting for your favorite rockin' card.

Until tomorrow, I leave you with this: relish today ... ketchup tomorrow.

~Hugs,


Paper: Bazzill Card Stock; Mulberry Paper
Stamp: Postmodern Design
Ink: Brilliance "Graphite Black" by Tsukineko
Tools: Craft Knife; Spellbinder's Die; Cuttlebug; Scrap Fusion, Ivy Scraps, Black Dimensionals
Accessories: Frame Hanger; Grosgrain Ribbon; Black Brad; Rub-On by Provo Craft

9 comments:

Annapurna said...

Wow Girl! You definitely don't need a quilters sampler and guidelines when you can do this using a border image.

Definitely out of the box. Great idea of creating ribbon with ovals. I like your style :-)

And I figured out why your images load slow. They are .png and that makes them huge size memory wise without any extra resolution. You should try saving them as .jpg files.

Carolyn Bounds said...

Gorgeous!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!! Your incredible creations always leave me speechless.

Allison said...

Just gorgeous Deb! I love the color choices. The nesties trick is genius as is the tip for using mulberry paper (which I never have done!). Cheers!

Theresa said...

Wowza! This is eye poppin' gorgeous! Thanks for playing.

malieta said...

Very cool card Deb!!! I love the finished results...very eye catching indeed!
I stopped over to see the entrants for the You Know You Rock Challenge and I was blown away at the creativity!!! The cards are amazing and all of them are winners in my book!

Tina said...

Holy cow, what a beauty! I love the bold colors and your design is just perfect.

Anonymous said...

This is Kayleigh. I like that so much! I like that you used blue and green so cool. I love you!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is gorgeous! Especially love the ovals to look like ribbons! What a great idea! Your opening line was a hoot. Best, Curt

Maria said...

Wow, Deb. . . your card is BEAUTIFUL!! I love the geometric look to the images! Awesome. Well, when people see your card, you surely will bring mulberry paper back in style!!

Thanks for sharing such a gorgeous project!!

Maria