Monday, August 25, 2008

A (Windy and Rainy) Week in My Life ...

Pin It



Happy "Kiss and Make-Up" day! Prolly would be best to kiss before applying the make-up but, whatever ...

Today's card project was created for no good reason ... except that I really wanted to use this new paper collection.

I created this card using a die-cut and designer paper from Cosmo Cricket's "Get Happy" collection. And, woWza, what a bright and colorful collection it is! In fact, this collection pushes me right to the edge of my "bright and colorful" limit.

I stamped my stars on matching DP with Distress ink, added some photo turns with brads, and six silver stars. Thanks, Mel, you're a star!

I stamped my itty-bitty sentiment on a scrap of "Get Happy" paper and created a small metal-edge tag using my Tag Maker.

Finally, I cut a length of ball chain, looped it, and attached it to my card front with super-strong adhesive.

Easy-peasy and ready to serve in just 15 Minutes!

Thanks for dropping by; I hope you have a great day. Go ahead, kiss and apply make-up to someone you love today!

~Hugs (and Kisses),

  • Card Stock: Bazzill
  • Designer Paper and Die Cut: "Get Happy" Collection from Cosmo Cricket
  • Stamps: Stampin' Up!
  • Ink: " Faded Jeans" Distress Ink from Ranger Industries
  • Accessories: Silver Photo Turns; Brads; Silver Stars; Ball Chain;
  • Tools: Tag Maker by Making Memories; "The Ultimate" Glue; Scrap Fusion PA

PS: In response to a couple of emails I recently received; yes, all my cards are available for purchase, including this one. Please contact me for prices and availability, okeedokee?!? Thanks!

11 comments:

Tina said...

Fantastic, love the colors and all those stars.

wendyp said...

Awesome card! Love the fun bright papers and those stars!!!

Annapurna said...

Lovely papers! Even though it only has 3 stars of each size, I am going to give it a 5 star rating.

Off to apply make-up on a 3 yr-old :-)

Carolyn Bounds said...

I am lovin' that paper and your card design. Another reason to spend some money...I suppose I should apply some makeup and give DH a great big kiss, so it won't bother him as much as I am heading to the LSS:o)

Julia Aston said...

Very fun celebratory card Deb! I always love stars on cards for some reason - maybe 'cause we're from the good ole USA?!?!?!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I love it! This embellishments are awesome! I'm so glad I found your blog. I just love your work...

Maria said...

Awesome card, Deb! Love the stars and the added embellishments! Very cool! Great dp too!

Maria

Lori said...

Deb - you've done it again. You've amazed me. Hey - check out my blog... I left a surprise there for YOU!

Lori said...

Deb - you've done it again. You've amazed me. Hey - check out my blog... I left a surprise there for YOU!

Mel M. M. M. said...

YOU are a star! This is awesomeness! I love how you use bits. That bathtub chain is inspired! ANd the way you balanced it off with the photo turns & the silver starts. You make it look so easy! Tell us your secrets! What goes through that creative brain that you can do this and SO quickly? :o) Curious'ugs.

malieta said...

Very cool card Deb!! I think the stars are awesome and the added ball chain is genius!!