Friday, August 29, 2008

Have a Nice Trip? See Ya Next Fall ...

Pin It



This card is my very first Fall card making project and was created for absolutely no reason other than the fact that I wanted to ink up this humongous rocker stamp from Art Gone Wild.

I stamped my image on Stamper's Select card stock, then colored it with Prismacolor pencils, blending with Gamsol. I added a teensy-tiny bit of yellow Stickles glue onto some of the leaves, then mounted the image on card stock that had been run through the Cuttlebug in the "Distressed Stripes" A2 embossing folder.

I used a Heidi Swapp distressing tool to rough up the edges of the embossed card stock, then mounted three metal leaf brads on a strip of the same card stock and adhered it to the left-hand side of the card.

Finally, I added some grosgrain ribbon to the right-hand side of the card, allowing it to hang off the edge ... 'cuz I'm wild and crazy ... and then adhered my matted focal image.

So, please allow me to be the first person to wish you a happy "More Herbs, Less Salt Day." It's funny, but I recall having a similar conversation with my Dad when I was in high school ... and then I was grounded for four years.


~cHEeRS,

  • Card Stock: Bazzill Basic; Papertrey Ink
  • Stamp: "Fall Frame" Rocker by Art Gone Wild (I cut off the frame part)
  • Ink: Staz-On "Timber Brown" by Tsukineko
  • Color Medium: Prismacolor "Premier" Pencils by Sanford
  • Accessories: Leaf Brads, HOTP; Grosgrain Ribbon; Stickles Glue by Ranger
  • Tools: Cuttlebug Die-Cut Machine; "Distressed Stripes" Embossing Folder by Provo Craft; Heidi Swapp Distressing Tool

PS: I seem to be in some kind of weird stamp-purgin' mode 'cuz I can't stop listing 'em for sale in my eBay store. I've also listed a kewl Stampers Anonymous catalog and a rare Zettiology catalog. And magazine back issues, including Stamp It!, and Somerset Studio. Check 'em out and see if you can find a treasure ... the price is right, that's for sure! And if you don't find something you LURVE today, there's always tomorrow! And I haven't even started on the unmounteds!

11 comments:

Carolyn Bounds said...

I seem to recall having a similar conversation with my father...with end results much like yours:o)

I love the placement of your ribbon and how it was designed; and, I love your first autumnal card!! Pretty. Pretty.

Ana Baird said...

Gorgeous card! I also love the way you arrange the background to match with the all your cards.

Annapurna said...

Lovely as usual. And if I forgot to mention, you are the queen of embellishments. But I don't want to fall, is that okay?

Going to checkout the kewl new stuff!

Tonniece said...

Winter, summer, spring or Fall, you brighten my day Deb.

Fall!! I don't want to think about it, we haven't really had summer here yet with all the rainy cool days.
With all the distressing,embossing, and all the right fixins of a wild and crazy gal, you've created another beautiful card here Deb. I love it.

Happy Friday

Elena said...

Very nice card! Love the colors! I think that fall is very aristic month with all of the colors this season has...

patty w said...

Beautiful card! Love it alot! Love that stamp...need to find myself some sorta Autumn stamp! I'm ready for (not to) Fall ! :))

Mel M. M. M. said...

You are TOO good. It's frightening. I love the way you have the ribbon off the edge (You wild thang You!) It looks so neat. & using the stipes folder to create an accent strip. Getouttahere! That stamp rocks. I have to stay out of your store since your taste is so great. LOL Hugzzzzzz

malieta said...

Very pretty card Deb and I love the way you embellished it!

Curt in Carmel said...

This is fabulous! Love that stamp and how you used it. Love the embellies too! Best, Curt

Allison said...

Love this! Neat mix of images with that stamp choice!

Tina said...

This is so well thought out and put together. Love the hanging over the edge ribbon, fab touch!