Friday, August 8, 2008

Stare at This Until You See the Magic 3-D Picture ...

Pin It


So today, while going through some neat vintage Tarot cards, I wondered: if a short fortune-teller escaped from prison, would he then be considered a small medium at large?

I kill me ...

Today's card project was created for Allison's "Suggestive Sunday" blog challenge. This week, Allison asked us to create an abstract paper project inspired by the Framed Art department at Target. So, after viewing 18 pages of Abstract art on Target.com (who knew?!?), I chose to use this w-a-y kewl, and w-a-y big, JudiKins rubber stamp.

I stamped my image on white card stock with Versamark, embossed with Midnight Black embossing powder, and matted with red speciality paper. Yup, every bit of black you see on this card is heat embossed. I stamped my sentiments, from Stampin' Up!, (thanks, Mel!), in the same manner, and mounted them on a unfolded round file tab punchie.

TIP: Oftentimes when heat embossing, for one reason or another, you'll find a 'bare' spot. Rather than pitch the whole project, do this: wait for the embossed card stock to cool, then go over your bare areas with a matching marker or paint pen. On this humongous embossing project, I touched up the bare spots with a Copic marker (#100).

Finally, I adhered my sentiments using black dimensionals, added a ribbon, and some black faux pearls, and finis!

Now, click on the image for a ginormous photo and keep staring at it until you see the magic 3-D image. Then, if you would, please leave me a comment letting me know what you saw in there, okeedokee?!? 'Cuz we're having some differing opinions here ... thanks!

Don't forget to Rock the Vote at Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock's "Rock the Cover" contest!

Until tomorrow, I leave you with the immortal words of Venus de Milo who said, "I guess huggin' is out."

~Cheers,


Card Stock: "Stamper's Select - White" by Papertrey Ink; Stamp: by JudiKins; Ink: "Versamark" by Tsukineko; Embossing Powder: "Midnight Black" by Stampendous; Copic "Ciao" Marker #100; Grosgrain Ribbon: Unknown, Obtained in a Ribbon Share; Faux Pearls: by Mark Richards; Adhesive: "Scrap Fusion PA" by Ivy Scraps, Black Dimensionals; Tools: Cuttlebug Die-Cut Machine; Die: "Large Classic Oval" Nestabilities Set by Spellbinder's; Punches: "Round File Tab" Punch by Stampin' Up!, 1.5" Circle Punch by Punch Bunch




16 comments:

Curt in Carmel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Curt in Carmel said...

OMG, you made me laugh out loud twice, once at the beginning, and once at the end! You are a hoot! Love this card for its colors. I stared at it for a couple of minutes, but all I saw is what I think I'm supposed to see and that is a bunch of men in suits and hats. That's all I see other than some spooky larger faces but that is stretching it! Thanks for the laughs! Best, Curt

Allison said...

Awesome...tres dramatique!

We are not flying till 4 PM (through dinner...oh no!).

What a super stamp...would be a little scary using this technique, I'm sure!

Annapurna said...

You kill me too! How in the world did you come up with that one.

I went over my humongous embossing missed parts with versamark pen and embossed again. Can you find where I did that?

Cool stamp! I found a funnel, a headless woman and man/woman with only one feature in the face. You want to know where they are? Let me know and I will edit the picture to add text and send it to you :-)

Wooo Hooo weekend. Like that makes a difference for both of us. LOL!

Aimee said...

I could probably find anything in that picture..skull, jack-o-lantern, ghosts. so please share what I'm supposed to see...
Reminded me of a movie...Ever see Mallrats? "A schooner is a sailboat..."
BUT i do love the card. that's a pretty cool stamp!

Deb Neerman said...

Oh, Anna, no, the headless woman is me ...

wendyp said...

I'm going to have to go back and stare at it some more because I'm not seeing funnels or headless people, lol! This image reminds me a bit of those magic 3D prints that were popular about 15 yrs ago. Very cool card!

patty w said...

I'm seeing several things...one of which could be interpreted as an African tribal "mask" or animal or maybe an elephants trunk or umm...... a male body part :) LOL

Looking again now, I think it also looks kind of like a monkey head, maybe even wearing glasses! ROFL...gotta stop staring at it !

Erica B. said...

I see a kooky looking bull but really keep seeing the men in hats.

Love the joke!

Carolyn Bounds said...

"A small medium at large". Bwahahaha!!! You crack me up!!!! I really needed that laugh:o) Love the card!!!

Anne said...

Right, I see the monkey head, I see a snake head, a gloved hand grabbing something, but they're just like the pictures in the flames thing. If I stare 'through' it, it does become 3D and they just look like a bunch of v. respectable men (because of the hats!!) at the races or a match - but in 3D. Phew! Did I pass?? LOL!!

Jessica said...

Okay, I've stared at this image for far too long, and, while I'm pretty sure my eyes are now permanently crossed, I can't see any hidden images! I just see a bunch of white and black blobs.

Cool card though!

malieta said...

Wow....you did a fantastic job with Allison Abstract Challenge!!! Super slick and I love your color combo!!!

Tina said...

Wow, what a cool image. Great color combo and the red is quite striking against all that black.

Mel M. M. M. said...

OMGosh! How I have MISSED you! I saw a profile of a lion's head with his teeth n stuff. I love how Anna sees so many things (such an artist!) And I am going back to see if I can't find the male body part (ROFL) that Patty W found. I'm surprised I missed that. Must have my phallicvision turned off, LOL LOL LOL. Gigglugs, mel. P.S. Card is gorgeous. Be back soon for more droolin over your fab creations; email is threatening to eat me! ;O)

AJ said...

great card....unfortunately, i only see the male body part....and all the people. :)
have to go back and look for the other items.