Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tag, You're It ... Now in Teal, Lime, and Black

Pin It


Happy Wednesday, boys and girls! Today, while measuring card stock, it suddenly occurred to me that without geometry, life is pointless.

Okeedokee then. Today's tag project was created for this week's "Tag, You're It" blog challenge. This week, the amazin' Tag Ladies ... not to be confused with the amazin' Bag Ladies ... required players to create a tag using just three colors: teal, black, and lime green. I guess you saw that comin', huh?

I ran a set of Grungeboard wings through the Cuttlebug in the Script embossing folder, then painted the wings with Golden Fluid acrylic paint. I mounted the wings to my tag using black pop-up dimensionals.

TIP: Invest in some black dimensionals; they're perfect for using on dark backgrounds, such as my tag, but they also eliminate the unsightly view of those bright white dimensionals you're currently using. The black ones practically 'disappear' ... and I've discovered that yes, people do look under there! I KNOW, crazy, huh?!?

Next, I stamped my sentiment, (Tuscan Rose ... I think), on lime green card stock then cut out a heart using a die from the Nestabilities Classic Heart collection. Using more dimensionals, I mounted the heart die-cut to the wings.

Using this very kewl stamp from FontWerks, which I dearly {heart}, I stamped two arrows, cut them out and glued them to my tag, trimming off the excess flush with the tag.

Finally, I punched out three 1/2" circles and fitted them with teal brads; the black one was mounted on a lime green button. I added some funky fibers and finis! Quick and dirty easy!

On a different note, voting has begun in the Y.ou K.now Y.ou R.ock "Rock the Cover" challenge! Head on over to the Y.K.Y.R. blog to vote for your favorite card ... and wait till you see these entries ... they ALL totally rock! And remember, it's one vote per person so every vote counts! Yup, yours too!

Thanks for spending part of your busy day with me ... now go Rock the Y.K.Y.R. Vote!

~Hugs,


Chipboard Tag: Oriental Trading Company; Card Stock: DCWV, Other: Unknown; Unmounted Sentiment Stamp: Tuscan Rose ... I think; Polka Dot Arrow Stamp: FontWerks; Ink: "Black Soot" Distress Ink by Ranger Industries; Paint: "Cobalt Teal" Fluid Acrylic by Golden; Grungeboard: "Mini's" by Tim Holtz for Ranger Industries; Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug "Script" by Provo Craft; Tools: Double Circle Punch by EK Success, 1/2" Circle Punch by Stampin' Up!; Heart Die: "Classic Heart" Nestabilities by Spellbinder's; Accessories: Button by Doodlebug; Brads: Unknown, Found in Mt. Brad; Funky Fibers: Various Eyelash and Confetti Yarns; Adhesive: Scrap Fusion PA by Ivy Scraps; Black Dimensionals: Unknown, Obtained in a Sticky Share; If Anyone is Still Readin' This: Wow, How Patient Are You?!?

12 comments:

Allison said...

Just gorgeous...love the colors!

wendyp said...

WOW! Teal and lime together in a project....I'm LOVING it!

Anne said...

Gasp!!! It's STUNNING Deb!!! It takes your breath! I love those wings - one day I WILL try grungeboard!! Everything on here is so perfect and I really love the arrows! Thank You so much once more for playing along - you're a star!!! ;o) xx

Aimee said...

Great colors! They really pop on the black tag. cheers Deb!

Joan said...

This is awesome - I love the colours. Joan

kath said...

Fantastic tag for the challenge Deb
love how you have used the 3 colours
Kath
xxxxx

RubyMay said...

Wow! Wonderful tag and wonderful use of the colours !

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a fun and whimsical tag!!! I love your design (as always)!! You definitely nailed, or should I say ROCKED, this challenge!!!

Annapurna said...

Love the combination. The fibers are scrumptious (wow got the spelling right on that one)

Great job once again missy.

Sam Morris said...

You know I didn't even know there was such a thing as black dimensionals!! Fabulous contemporary design and love what you've done with the grungboard! Thanks SO much for taking part again :)

malieta said...

What a beautiful tag and the color combo is very striking!
Now I have to buy some black colored dimensionals and why on earth would people peek?! lmao!!!

Tina said...

Those fibers are delish! Great colors on this tag as well.