Friday, August 22, 2008

A "Tag,You're It" Guest Designer Gig

Pin It



Hey, stampers, it's "Be an Angel Day!" Today's the day to be up in the air and always harping about something. Now go buy yourself some heavenly new stamps.

Onward. I can't tell you how excited I was when the loverly Anne and Sam invited me to be this week's guest designer for the "Tag You're It" challenge! Well, I could tell you how excited I was, but my post's are already too long ... and boring ... and I am tryin' to be a Angel today, so I won't go into all the that.

For my stint as Guest Designer, I chose "Punch Art" for my theme. But you prolly guessed that already, didn't you Miss Smarty Pants ...

Using daisy punches, I created three marigold-ish-like flowers, created stamens using a sun punch, then created leaves using an oak leaf punch. I mounted the flowers on my heavily distressed shipping tag using super-duper-icky-sticky glue.

Here's a close-up for those of you who are hearing impaired:


I stamped my sentiment on Bazzill card stock and mounted it on my tag using dimensionals. Finally, I tied on lots of funky fibers in fall colors ... say that five times fast!

Making these punch art flowers is so much fun and so easy ... no, really! I wouldn't lie to you, don't forget, I'm an Angel ... today, anyway!

Oh. Today, my niece called and told me she is putting together a CD of 70's rock groups for her BFF. She asked me if I could help and name a couple of them.

"Yes!" I said.
"Who?" she asked.
"There you go," I answered.

~Hugs!

  • Card Stock: Bazzill
  • Stamp: Papertrey Ink
  • Ink: Staz-On by Tsukineko, Fluid Chalk Ink by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Fibers, Personal Collection, Various Manufacturers
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Large Classic Oval Die by Spellbinder's; Daisy Punch by McGill, Small Daisy Punch, Unknown, Sun Punch by Cuttin' Edge, Leaf Punch, Unknown; Stylus' by Fiskars; The Ultimate Craft Glue by Api; Black Dimensionals, Unknown

20 comments:

Tonniece said...

Good morning my friend

Yipeeeeee!!!!! I am back online.

You so crack me up ("Who?"), ("There you go"). Too funny.

Anyhoooo, CONGRATS on the guest designer gig. You so deserve it.

I love this tag, and all the great things you've created in my way too long absence without a computer. I truley wonder when you and Mel sleep, but thank god you don't.

Have a sunny day my friend
Tonniece

Angie C said...

Just found your blog through Tag your it blog.

These flowers look so amazing - totally beautiful.

I have been reading some of your posting and you have me rolling around laughing - I love your sense of humour.

Tina said...

Stunning and beautiful. Those punched flowers look absolutely gorgeous!

The Rubber Maid said...

Your tag is gorgeous, love your use of punches and the colors are
elegant. Congratulations on being the guest designer. Awesome work. Pat

Julie Koerber said...

Deb, can you travel to Montana to pick my jaw up off the floor? There you go with your stunning punched flowers. Someone should pick you up as a punch art designer and work with you to publish a "how-to" book. I would buy up a dozen or so copies! OH MY! This is breathtaking!

Allison said...

Great creation! Congrats on your guest stint...you deserve it (since you are so dang perfect!).

Curt in Carmel said...

This is fabulous! They certainly made the right choice in guest designer! What a perfect job you did with this! Best, Curt

Ann said...

So pretty!

Love your sense of humor.

Annapurna said...

Looks like I am visually impaired, since both the images look identical to me :-))

You rock gf. This is a perfect flower. What did I tell ya before. These flowers are so perfect. Can you send some to me and I will move some of my weeds and put these in my garden?

You talented punch artist you. You so deserve your guest designer, permanent designer and any other designer gigs there are :-) Congratulations!

Jamie Martin said...

Wonderful tag, love all of the punched flowers :)

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

Just beautiful!

Rosie said...

Great tag Deb! LOL @ 'Yes' and 'Who'!!!! You have such a great sense of humour!

Erica B. said...

I'm always a fan of your punch art. So beautiful.

Ok smarty pants, I'm going to go get to work so you have something to look at.

Mel M. M. M. said...

You boring? WhatEVER! You are as hilarious as you are insanely talented. You make the world's greatest guest designer! These flowers look like they smell great. Love love LOVE the colours and is that walnut ink??? on the tag. I bet! One day I will follow your flawless example and do something with the walnut ink I've had since I started stamping. Inkugs, mel

Klaressa said...

Congratulations Deb....you are so deserving of the honor as guest designer! Your tags are yummlicious!!! And...this tag is no exception, it is beautiful!!
Have a beautiful weekend:)

Jenny said...

such a gorgeous tag,
love it!

Joan said...

This tag is beautiful. Joan

Char-The Mad Shopper said...

Incredible tag. Love it!

E.T said...

This is utterly gorgeous. I gotta try the daisy flower! I have no punches so I will draw it myself, hopefully the result is as good as yours. Beautiful work!

Bonnie said...

Way to go!! Of COURSE you would be the guest designer! This tag is gorgeous and stop calling me "Smarty Pants" - I'm not that smart!!