Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Take Time to Enjoy Your Day, 'Cuz No One Can Do it for You ...

Pin It



Hey, today is National Cherry Popsicle Day ... wanna know how cool this is ?!? Frozen!

I kill me ...

Hey, paper hoarders, today's card project was created just for the heck of it using DP from Making Memories, and a large chipboard button.

I covered the aforesaid large chipboard button with turquoise card stock, stamped a swirly border, tied on some natural jute twine embellished with wooden beads, and adhered the whole shebang to my card base.

I stamped my sentiment on a scrap of DP, cut it out using a small oval die, sponged on fluid chalk ink, then mounted it to the card base using a metal hinge. For fun, you can stamp a secret message or fun image under there ... or add a sticker, a charm, or whatever! I'd show you what I put under there, but it's a secret ...

Finally, I die cut a turquoise star using a Cuttlebug die, and finis!

Thanks so much for swingin' by! And be sure to recycle your cherry Popsicle stick for a future project. Then go stick out your tongue in front of a mirror ... kewl!

~Hugs,

  • Card Stock: Cut Card Stock; DCWV
  • Designer Paper: Making Memories
  • Stamps: Sentiment by Cornish Heritage Farms; Swirls by Hero Arts
  • Ink: Staz-On by Tsukineko; Colorbox by Clearsnap
  • Accessories: Chipboard Button; Natural Jute Twine; Wooden Beads; Metal Hinge; Brads
  • Tools: Die Cut Machine; Cuttlebug Star Die; Black Dimensionals; Scrap Fusion PA

20 comments:

Trish D said...

Great card - love the way you've hung the sentiment with the hinge! I have a bag of those somewhere in my stash, but honestly never did much with 'em. Thanks for the inspiration!

Tina said...

Awesome. I love the color combo and that giant button!

Ana Baird said...

beautiful and stylish! Love it!

Curt in Carmel said...

Love the embellies on this! Great card! I have something for you over at my blog. Go pick it up! Best, Curt

Lori said...

You're hysterical girl! You crack me up! Love your creation!

Flossie's Follies said...

What an awesome card, love it, love it, love it

Carolyn Bounds said...

What a yummy card!! Love the turquoise and brown, and the sentiment is perfect...we should all "take time to enjoy our day." Another great card!!!

malieta said...

Your card is lovely Deb and Happy National Cherry Popsicle Day wishes to you also!
hugs
Risa:)
I love your sentiment...."take time to your day cuz no one else can do it for you"...makes a lot of sense doesn't it:)

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a fun card!!! Love the embellies and I LOVE your photo staging -- always so nice!!! Great job!!!

Tonniece said...

Happy Tuesday Deb

This is so PURDY. And with lots or little embelishments you can ROCK any project.

Thanks 4 the eye candy, and the chuckle (you kill me too)


Have a great day

Annapurna said...

You know what would be even more awesome?
Putting "cuz no one can do it for you" under the hinged layer.

Beautiful! The chocolate and the blue and the jute ribbon with beads. That curved layer. Berry Berry nice!

Joanne (Stamps4sanity) said...

I love it! The hinge really adds something unique to the card.I know I've said this before but I'm soooo glad I found your wonderful blog. Ummm... How does one know that it is National Cherry Popsicle Day?!!! Do you know when the days are for the other flavors? lol

Deb Neerman said...

Yay! Annapurna guessed the surprise!!!!!

And the prize is:


{scroll down}









ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!

Congrats, Annapurna, Absolutely Nothing is on it's way to you right now!!

Deborah said...

You are a funny gal Deb! Love your card and the goodies you staged with it! Yummy! Deb

Mel M. M. M. said...

Mmmmm cherry Popsicles day! (I like Banana but for some reason they no longer exist here. Criminal I tell you!) Now I am curious as to what you put under the aforesaid sentiment oval!) ;o) LOVE the hinge and the big button and that wave of the dp. Too cool for school! This is the whole shebang alright! You are SOOOOOOOooooo good! :o)

Mel M. M. M. said...

P.S. sneaksneaksneaksneak HUUUUUUUG! (gotcha!)

Sam Morris said...

You kill me too lol!!

LOVE this, the colours, the sweeping curve, the twine and beads, the hinge oh my!

Joan B said...

I love this layout. And the colors too! Fabulous card!

E.T said...

This is such a fun card! I like it a lot! LOTS!
I love the curvy part, and the placement of the big button! The colours go so well together. The hinge looks great on the oval thingy. The star just gave it a complete look. Very very welldone.

Debbie Olson said...

Wow! I love these colors, that *cool* curve on the layout, and the stamps--great card!